Monday, April 2, 2012

A Little bout me.

 I am a cancer survivor of Hodgkin's Lymphoma stage 4a.  It was in my lungs un diagnosed for over a year.


I was a musician before cancer deprived me of my passion.  I played Tenor Sax, Alto Sax, Clarinet and keyboard.  My favorite(s) in music are Jazz, Classical, Big Band, Swing,  70s/80s rock.  I even started composing musical scores.


I am now left with a 60% lung capacity, Copd, pulmonary fibrosis and that is just my lungs.  I now have to deal with Fibromyalgia, Lymphedema and RSD.  Before cancer I had Vestibular disorder including vertigo and a seizure disorder complex partial seizure disorder.  I also have to deal with PMDD which my menstral cycles are horrid.  With all my health issues a hysterectomy is not an option at this time.


I am definately a night person.  I do my best creating at night.  I am a self taught sewer, and beader.  I love to do tole painting, re purposing and re cycling and re fashions.  I am a huge thrift store shopper, rummage sale goer and flea market lover.


Living on a tight budget with SSD has made me think more ways to re use things and be more creative.

If I didn't create I would die inside.  I also enjoy writing poetry.  I do all these things when my body allows me.  So sometimes it takes me a little longer to finish a project.



I truly appreciate all your comments they encourage and inspire me.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll keep coming back to view more projects.


Happy Creating
Heather

4 comments:

Maria said...

I think you are amazing, the work you get done, with all your illnesses is more than I get done with good health. Keep up the good work Heather.

Anonymous said...

Heather, your projects are lovely and inspirational. Considering your health problems, you are a clever lady.

Claire in the UK

Tammy said...

Hang in there. It is clear that you are a great survivor and don't let life get you down. Your work is lovely.

Heather's Haven said...

Thank you Tammy and also for whoever left the other comment, I truly appreciate that. It's a constant struggle but being able to craft still has helped me in many ways.