Monday, March 31, 2014

What it's Like to be a prisoner of your body

  I'm so blessed to be able to still sew and bead and create.  For without that outlet of being creative I would not be me anymore.

I used to be a musician and played tenor sax and clarinet and keyboard.  I also composed classical scores.  Miss it.  I like to write poetry also but haven't done much writing lately.

I'm a hodgkin's lymphoma stage 4a cancer survivor.  They gave me a 50% survival rating.  The cancer had already progressed to my lungs hence why I can't play anymore.  Oh how I miss it.

I'm stuck at home 24/7.  I have to depend on my husband to take me places and it drives me insane.  

Not wanting pitty    just awareness that not all disabilities are visible. 

Please don't judge when you see someone park in a handicap spot and they are not in a wheelchair.

 I get so tired of the looks and stares and comments when I have to have my husband park in the handicap spot.

This is not something I had planned.  At age 43 I have more health problems and see more doctors than I should at this age.  It's scary sometimes. 

 I know there are people out there with  far worse things that I deal with and they are my inspiration.

My list:

Pulmonary fibroris 
50/60% lung capacity
obstructive asthma
RSD (reflex sympathetic dystrophy)
Lymphedema
Complex Partial Seizure disorder
Myoclonus
Meneries Disease
Hip Bursitis/Arthritis in back
Hypothyroid
Fibromyalgia
And new to the list (obstructive) sleep apnea

so, thank you for taking the time to look at my creations and I appreciate the comments.  I love to meet new people and new creative friends.  And always learning something new.

Have a Happy day!
Heather


No comments: