Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Living with Menieres Disease

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/menieres-disease/basics/definition/con-20028251


I've had menieres for years and it's awful the vertigo attacks are spontaneous.

Last night i had such an episode.  It completely takes over.

This is one of the reasons why I don't drive.  I have no control over these attacks.

Some people are fortunate and can exercise and do all kinds of things with this awful condition.

I can't do these things.  I've even tried therapy and was told I was too dizzy to continue it.

I even have problems when I am in the store looking at items on the shelf.

I have to always have a cart.  My husband has seen my body completely shift to the right.

Also an area I have problems with is in the kitchen.  I have to turn very slowly.

Even being the passenger in the car if a sharp turn is taken can set it off.

another awareness to a condition that is invisible.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Sorry to hear about your illness, I have heard of it but don't know a lot. It would be horrible to get somewhere and not be able to function the way you want to. I love your jewelry and am glad that you have this craft that you enjoy!

Heather's Haven said...

Thanks Jean it's frustrating when it really flairs. Thank you for the kind words and compliment on my jewelry.

Heather